Why Do We Recommend This Commodore Cat Back Exhaust System?
This Commodore exhaust system for VT VX VY VZ models is the best quality on the market and part of our Ultimate Series Exhaust range.
Our Commodore exhaust is not like competitor's cheaply made systems on the market around this price point - this system is as good as they get.
If you want to make serious power, without any exhaust limitations, then this is the system for you!
- The Commodore VT VX VY VZ Cat Back exhaust is crafted from 1.5mm thick 409 grade stainless steel and features twin 3 inch pipes for ultimate flow and performance.
- The Commodore VT VX VY VZ extractors have BIG 1 7/8 primary pipes and are crafted from 1.5mm thick 409 grade stainless steel. Choose from cat deletes or 100 cel high flow metal cats.
- The Commodore exhaust system has full mandrel bends, tig welds, quality bolts and gaskets and is made using the most modern robotic machinery for a precision exact fit every time. There are no presses in any of our primary pipes like inferior extractors.
- Easy bolt on and perfect fitment.
- Sounds awesome and produces a deep angry exhaust note.
- Pressed metal merge pipe for maximum torque & power and precision fit.
- Quality tig welds throughout and thick 1.5mm stainless steel which is 25% thicker than some competitors cheap 1.2mm thin stainless steel.
- Includes gaskets and bolts for a simple bolt on.
- HSVs will require longer rear muffler hangers or rear muffler hanger tweaks as the rear bar cut out differs slightly to Holdens.
The Ultrex Performance V8 Sedan Extractors and Cat Back exhaust system is available in 1.5mm thick stainless steel only - so it will last and last.
This is unquestionably the best VT-VZ SS SSV HSV exhaust on the market around this price point.
|Brand||HOLDEN / HSV|
Very nice, very good.By: Nicholas on 22 June 2020I bought this 3" with 1 and 7/8" heads system for my VT SS LS1. It is great with such a beautiful polish that it's almost a shame that most of it is hidden under my car. The note is fatter than Jenny Craig's client list combined. Each piece is heavy so it's obviously thick walled like Ultrex claim. The welds are excellent with no blow outs in the joins. Each piece lines up perfectly with the existing factory mounts and didn't require any reworking. I'm definitely not a mechanic, I only have basic knowledge but with my car I personally managed to install the passenger side after removing the radiator overflow and the pcm and the heat shield. All the under body pieces were very easy. The driver's side was much more difficult for me. I tried every which way to get the header down between the motor and the brake components mounted on the drivers side wheel arch but it wouldn't go. I read on some Commodore forums online that you have to either pull the steering rack out after dropping the tie rod ends or even loosen the engine mounts and jack the motor. As I'm not a pro both these options made me nervous af! Especially the motor jacking because I didn't want to puncture the sump. Eventually I had to get my mates dad's mate who's a mechanic to come and look. He pulled the steering rack down from its mounts and slid it up from underneath whilst the car was on jack stands. He said a hoist would have been easier from an access point of view but it wasn't to hard. What I stuffed around for 2 months trying to do myself he did in an hour. I would highly recommend that you hire professional help to install the drivers side. Over all though I would give this system and Ultrex full marks because it's great quality and great value. I'm very happy now that my car's back on the road.